SABC (South African Broadcasting Corporation) is a national public broadcaster owned by the South African government. It operates radio and television stations nationwide. In addition, it produces an online news website.
Johannesburg’s Auckland Park is home to the SABC’s headquarters. There are offices, television studios, and radio stations. Several SABC production facilities and offices are located in other parts of the country. There are transmitters in every region of the country.
SABC Sales Assistant Internship 2022
The SABC is seeking three Sales Assistant Graduate interns to join their sales team. This 12-month graduate programme is designed to assist the sales division in successfully implementing business initiatives while meeting SABC’s objectives. You are invited to apply for this exciting opportunity if you have completed your National Diploma in Office Administration and are eager to gain more knowledge and experience in the workplace.
About the Team
Work closely with the Provincial Sales Manager and Account Executives to support the sales & marketing function with the goal of maximizing revenue.
Location: Auckland Park
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and maintaining an internal and external network to ensure timely and efficient delivery.
- Assist customers by answering the phone.
- Leads should be directed to members of the sales team.
- Communication with clients – responding to inquiries, purchase orders, and SBD / Vendor forms.
- Emails and other correspondence should be answered.
- Follow-up on fighting instructions and material
- Sell and promote products and services.
- Promotional offers should be explained.
- Coordinate sales and after-sales activities with all internal stakeholders.
- In the event of a trade marketing initiative, assist with that initiative.
- Updating and maintaining client databases.
- Information and documentation can be stored accurately and retrieved quickly.
- Together with the Account Executive, verify all client information is accurate.
- Service Entry Sheets and SAP Purchase Requisitions.
- (Flights, accommodations, car rental) Travel arrangements on SAP for all staff
- SAP is used to order stationery for the department as a whole.
- All queries and complaints should be handled and escalated.
- Provide information about platforms and services rendered.
- Every Sales Assistant across all Provinces should listen to audio/visual materials and send them to Account Executives.
- Complete quarterly sales meeting data templates and presentations by collecting data from key internal business stakeholders.
- Keep track of sales expenses.
- Retrieve sales figures for input into sales reports.
- Obtain daily and weekly booking tracking data (Internal Sales Role).
- Obtain signatures on term sheets and prepare deals management documentation.
- Organize and conduct meetings, events, workshops, and conferences.
- Appointments for both internal and external quarterly reviews should be planned in advance.
- Meeting minutes are taken and distributed weekly.
- E-mail, scanning, and filing.
- Manages the department’s budget, including transferring funds, stationery, and refreshments.
- Communicate with procurement.
- Keep track of teams’ schedules.
Who should apply?
Following are the minimum entry requirements set by SABC. All applicants must fulfill all the criteria to be eligible for the SABC Sales Assistant Internship programme.
- An NQF-level 6 national diploma in marketing or communications or sales, or equivalent qualification from a relevant tertiary institution
- Microsoft Office (Computer Literacy)
- Identify governance prescripts and demonstrate understanding.
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Passion for media and broadcasting
- Oriented toward customer service
- Relationships are established and maintained
- Detail-oriented and quality-oriented
- Ability to solve problems
- Action-oriented and proactive
- Plan and organize effectively
- Multitasking ability and ability to work under pressure
- Skills in listening
How do I apply?
Applications must be submitted by completing the online form here: SABC ( Internship Sales Assistant) x5 (10282)
Applications for this internship programme must be submitted by 19 March 2022. Applicants who submit their applications after the deadline will not be considered for the internship programme.