South Africa’s national broadcaster is the state-owned South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC). As specified in the Broadcasting Act 4 of 1999, the Corporation’s main objective is to provide services relating to broadcasting and information to the general public within the Republic of South Africa and abroad, and to fulfill the objectives set out in the 1999’s Act 4 of Broadcasting.
SABC Supply Chain Management Internship 2022
Graduates are invited to apply for a role in SABC’s Supply Chain Management department. In this 12-month graduate programme, the candidate assists the Supply Chain department with administrative tasks, ensuring that business initiatives and programmes align with SABC’s objectives.
Graduates can explore key business problems with clients and teams at SABC through internships. Upon completing your education, you will be equipped to face real-world challenges from day one.
About the Team
It is the responsibility of the Supply Chain Management team to manage both operational and strategic activities on behalf of the SABC for the purpose of delivering quantitative benefits, registering, capturing, and maintaining the SABC’s supplier database and ensuring data integrity.
Location: Auckland Park
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Office management that is effective and efficient
- Incoming call screening
- Communicate with stakeholders in a professional manner
- Reports and minutes must be prepared accurately and on time
- Organize travel arrangements and itinerary planning
- Organize briefing sessions and tender evaluations
- Preparation of presentations as required
- As recommended by the SABC file management office, maintain an accurate filing system for the office
- Perform all office administrative and secretarial duties
- Coordinate all office-related activities
- Prepare requests for quotations (RFQs)
- Pre-qualify responses to requests for qualification (RFQs).
- Meeting minutes are taken at all meetings
- Assist in the consolidation of scoring on the Evaluation Committee
- An effective filing system that enables easy retrieval of all records and information.
- Managing sensitive documents and information in an appropriate manner.
- Implement an effective follow-up and/or tracking system for documents coming in and going out of the sourcing manager’s office.
- Responding to unreasonable requests and complaints from customers, both internal and external.
- Coordination of the Evaluation Committee’s processes
Who should apply?
Those who are interested in applying for the SABC ( Internship Supply Chain Management) programme, must fulfill the following eligibility requirements to stand a chance to qualify for the internship.
- Degree or National Diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics, Commerce, or Office Administration, or an equivalent qualification (NQF6/7).
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Capable of handling confidential information
- An individual who is proactive and has a high level of initiative
- Communication skills that are professional
- Ability to communicate well (verbally and in writing) and to build relationships
- Relationship-building skills at all levels
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, SAP, e-mail, and Internet, as well as familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software.
- Planning and organizing skills at the highest level
- Dedicated to accuracy and detail.
How do I apply?
Applicants must register and submit their applications online through:
You must submit your application by 19 March 2022.