The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) is inviting qualified video Journalist candidates to apply for their Technician Internship programme for 2022. If you’re interested in being part of this internship opportunity, be sure to check the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria before applying.
Millions of South Africans rely on the SABC (South African Broadcasting Corporation) for news, entertainment, and information. Their vision is to become the nation’s leading voice and the face of the continent by providing a credible broadcast and exposure.
SABC (Internship: Video Journalist) Internship 2022
SABC is presently offering Internship: Video Journalist five internship opportunities to the interested candidates.
Limpopo – Polokwane
Northern Cape – Kimberley
Eastern Cape – Port Elizabeth
Roles and responsibilities
The primary duty of this position is to deliver audiovisuals of the highest quality to the public in fulfilment of SABC News editorial objectives and meeting public mandate obligations.
The following are the key responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality visual content for broadcast and publication.
- Prepare a brainstorming session with reporting journalists and discuss story angles before the coverage begins.
- Reporting journalists and video editors need advice on how to present the story visually.
- Prepare news and current affairs packages in accordance with SABC editorial prescripts, Press Codes, and BCCSA.
- If needed, assist with the setup and coordination of facilities for live broadcasts.
- Adhere to SABC News quality standards and editorial principles for all visuals and overall output.
- Make sure all assigned assets, including cameras and ancillary equipment, are properly cared for and always kept secure.
- Provide audio and visual content to online news platforms as needed.
- Appropriately and efficiently utilize assigned resources.
- Damaged or broken equipment should be reported immediately to the editor.
- Ensure News objectives are delivered to internal stakeholders in the most effective manner.
- Be sure to follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Reduce the risk of property and equipment loss or damage.
Who should apply?
Interested applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for the internship programme. Failing to meet any of the requirements will result in cancellation of your application.
- Qualifications of National Diploma or Degree Level (NQF6/7) or equivalent in Journalism, Media Studies, Videography.
- An interest in working on Out of Broadcasts (OBs) as well as special broadcasts
- Excellent photographic sense, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to carry and manage equipment requires physical fitness.
- It is important that you are capable of working under pressure as well as during irregular hours.
How do I apply?
Applicants must register and submitted their applications online through:
Applications must be submitted by 19 March 2022.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.