The South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union (SACTWU) Bursary Programme is opening its application to deserving and qualified individuals. Full details about the bursary scheme, as well as some information about SACTWU is available below.
Established in 1989, the South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union is the country’s largest workers’ group within the clothing, textile and leather industry. With more than 105,000 members, the SACTWU is also one of the largest subsidiaries of the Congress of South African Trade Unions. It operates 18 offices in different cities around the country including Cape Town, Pretoria, Johannesburg, East London, Port Elizabeth, Pietermartizburg, and Durban.
SACTWU Bursary Programme for 2019 – 2020
The SACTWU is in charge of managing the largest bursary fund in the South African trade union and is offered to its members, as well their spouses and dependents. As beneficiaries of the programme, bursars are entitled to the following benefits:
- Tuition fee coverage amounting to 75% of the whole amount
- Public school students will enjoy bursary coverage of up to R35 000 while private school students will receive bursary coverage of up to R7 000
- Spouses will receive 50% of the bursary amount
The SACTWU Bursary Programme does not guarantee employment by the time the bursar graduates from school.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements to be considered for the bursary programme:
- Must be a student in a South African university or a technical university, or college recognized by the Department of Higher Education
- A member or staff of SACTWU, their spouse, and child dependents
- Pursuing a degree or qualification recognized by the Department of Education. Check http://www.dhet.gov.za for a list of approved studies
- Child dependent must not be older than 25 years of age and is currently unemployed
For more details about the SACTWU Bursary Programme, view the advert by clicking here.
How to Apply
Interested applicants will need to download the application form from the SACTWU Bursary Programmes. Click the link below to download the form:
For those with child dependents, download and fill out this form.
Fill out the application accurately and attach the clear copies of the required documents:
- Certified true copy of SA ID document
- A colored passport ID size photo
- Member’s company ID
- Member’s latest payslip
- Detailed statement of account from the tertiary institution for the current school year
- Certified true copy of matric results
- Academic record for current year of study
- Certified copy of unabridged birth certificate if dependent is a biological child
- Marriage certificate if the dependent is a spouse
Hand deliver your application together with the required supporting documents by to:
SACTWU Bursary Department
3rd Floor, James Bolton Hall
127 Magwaza Maphalada Steet
Or send it by post to:
SACTWU Bursary Department
P.O. Box 18359
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 8 August 2019.
If you have further queries about this programme, get in touch with the SACTWU Bursary Department at:
Tel: 031 301 131
Fax: 031 305 1039
Reminder: Do not email or fax your application.