Procter & Gamble South Africa is inviting individuals interested in joining its Sales Internship Programme at the company’s Sandton facility in Johannesburg.
Also called P&G, Procter & Gamble is a multi-national company with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G specializes in a broad spectrum of personal/consumer health, as well as hygiene and personal care. These products are distributed into several categories, which includes, Health Care, Grooming, Beauty, Fabric and Home Care, and Feminine, Baby and Family Care. The company’s product line included snacks, foods and beverages before Kellog’s purchase of Pringles.
As one of the largest Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturers globally, its famous products include Pampers, Always, Gillette, Ariel and Oral B.
P&G South Africa Sales Internship Programme 2020
The selected intern will be a vital member of the team that spearheading the selling of P&G’s global brands. This also includes growing business relationships with customers for the long term. The candidate will take part in developing and negotiating plans which create benefits for shoppers, customers and the company.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and ensure fast growth of long-term customer partnership by consistently proposing plans and solutions that satisfy their objectives
- Develop and enhance marketing and financial skills, logistical knowledge and analytical expertise
- Keep track of national key customers as well as online retailers
- Develop a keen understanding of the shoppers’ and customers’ needs. Includes contributing to price negotiations, assortment, promotions and merchandising
- Prepare business plans with the customer team
- Develop commercial recommendations for a certain category such as oral care with Oral B or laundry with Ariel, etc.
- Develop and manage productive long term relationships with customers
- Gain thorough understanding of the needs and requirements of customers
- Get a deep of the market, categories and shoppers
- Optimize and adapt country commercial recommendations to specific client
The selected candidate will be part of the P&G’s Strategic Sales Department in Sandton, Johannesburg The Sales Internship Programme is a full-time position and may lead to permanent employment upon successful completion of the programme.
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the programme’s basic criteria to qualify for the internship.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any relevant discipline
- Must have excellent leadership potential and the drive to make things happen
- Real passion for marketing and sales
- Highly innovative and creative
- Able to fluently communicate in English
- Possesses strong thinking and analytical skills
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid driver’s license
What is the selection process?
No relevant information available for this section.
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the requirements listed above will need to register an account on P&G’s careers page. Click the link below to start the application process:
Once you’ve set up an account, use the job code SLS00004145 to locate the job opening.
Click the link to view the P&G South Africa Sales Internship Programme advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click the link below to view the job advert and for more details about the company.