Samancor, a leading South African chrome producer, is inviting qualified graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its upcoming Metallurgical/ Chemical Graduate Programme intake for 2023 at its Gauteng site. Be sure to check if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria of the role prior to applying.
Samancor Chrome is primarily a company that specializes in mining and smelting of chrome ore. It is one of the leading integrated ferrochrome producers around the world with its annual output capacity of about 1.2 million tons of chromite ore and ferrochrome. Ferrochrome is mainly used in stainless steel smelting. Samancor Chrome is headquartered in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Samancor Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering Graduate Programme 2023
The successful candidate will be based at Samancor’s Gauteng site. During the graduate programme, it is the incumbent’s main responsibility to drive continuous improvement of Samancor’s metallurgical processes by analyzing and reporting on production performance, provide recommendations, and execute projects in the safest manner possible.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze and identify levels of continuous exposure to risks within area of responsibility
- Consider risk level, execute mitigation and control measures for residual risk
- Observe consistent adherence to SHEQ requirements
- Make use of the Integrated Management System to institute, analyze, and report SHEQ status
- Analyze and provide interpretation of process data
- Initiate root cause failure analysis findings
- Manage improvement projects
- Create and update company SOPs and work instructions
- Carry out process training
- Accomplish continuous improvement of cost-saving initiatives
- Drive process quality and budget
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BSc or BEng in Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering, preferably with postgraduate or undergraduate module in refractory materials
- Knowledgeable with MS Office applications
- Knowledgeable with Samancor Chrome Systems
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of chemical and metallurgical engineering processes
- Flexible and proactive
- Good customer focus and communication skills
- Effective decision-making and operational problem-solving skills
- Holds a valid driver’s license
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by completing an online application form on the company’s website. Click the link below to access the appropriate page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 25 November 2022.
1st Floor, Block A, Cullinan Place,
Cullinan Close (off Rivonia Road),
Morningside, Sandton, 2196
Tel: +27 11 245-1000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Samancor Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.