Samancor, a leading South African chrome producer, is inviting qualified graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its upcoming SHEQ Environmental Graduate Programme intake for 2023 at its Eastern Cape site. Be sure to check if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria of the role prior to applying.
Samancor Chrome is primarily a company that specializes in mining and smelting of chrome ore. It is one of the leading integrated ferrochrome producers around the world with its annual output capacity of about 1.2 million tons of chromite ore and ferrochrome. Ferrochrome is mainly used in stainless steel smelting. Samancor Chrome is headquartered in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Samancor SHEQ Environmental Graduate Programme 2023
The successful candidate will be based at Samancor’s Middelburg facilities in Eastern Cape. During the graduate programme, it is the incumbent’s main responsibility to determine and execute various environmental initiatives that aim to help the company succeed in achieving sustainable production.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze and identify levels of continuous exposure to risks within the area of responsibility
- Consider risk level, execute mitigation and control measures for residual risk
- Observe consistent adherence to SHEQ requirements
- Devise learning interventions to facilitate the rollout of EMS requirements and environmental training courses
- Perform internal environmental audits and report/observe closure on audit findings
- Provide assistance with investigations of significant environmental incidents
- Collect environmental information and statistical data
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a National Diploma or undergraduate degree in Environmental Management
- Knowledgeable with MS Office applications
- Knowledgeable with Samancor Chrome Systems
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of climate change and environmental legislation
- Flexible and proactive
- Good customer focus and communication skills
- Effective decision-making and operational problem-solving skills
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by filling out the online application form on the company’s website. Click the link below to access the appropriate page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 28 November 2022.
1st Floor, Block A, Cullinan Place,
Cullinan Close (off Rivonia Road),
Morningside, Sandton, 2196.
Tel: +27 11 245-1000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Samancor SHEQ Environmental Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.