Samancor, a leading South African chrome producer, is inviting qualified graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its upcoming SHEQ Environmental Graduate Programme intake for 2023 at its Middelburg location in Eastern Cape. If interested, be sure to check if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria of the role prior to applying.
Samancor Chrome is primarily a company that specializes in mining and smelting of chrome ore. It is one of the leading integrated ferrochrome producers around the world with its annual output capacity of about 1.2 million tons of chromite ore and ferrochrome. Ferrochrome is mainly used in stainless steel smelting. Samancor Chrome is headquartered in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Samancor SHEQ Quality & Lab Graduate Programme 2023
As part of Samancor Chrome, the primary responsibility of the SHEQ Quality & Lab Graduate role is to carry out audits, evaluations, verifications, and provide recommendations and support to current Quality Management and Assurance Systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct on-site and remote evaluation and provide reports on QM and QA adherence through the effective application of SHEQ systems
- Discover standardization opportunities by analyzing the company’s SHEQ integrated structures versus international standards
- Conduct on-site personnel training on identified process and training opportunities
- Develop strong working client relations and ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform activity audits and laboratory processes
- Carry out final product handling audits and other auditing activities as needed
- Take part in investigations involving OM and QA incidents
- Determine, share, and provide guidance in implementing best practices and lesson-learned strategies
- Determine opportunities in utilizing/minimizing waste
- Keep track of raw materials, finished products quality, and production trends, and pinpoint areas of improvement
- Strive for standardization of work processes across the Group Labs
- Determine training opportunities and provide training materials in order to bridge the gap
- Provide mentorship to candidates to ensure transfer of knowledge across the Labs
- Provide statistical evaluation of the efficacy of equipment performance
- Analyze round robin performance of laboratories
- Take responsibility for sustained improvement by instituting operational excellence, ensuring compliance with best practices, rules, standards, and internal policies in order to achieve the organization’s Zero Harm objective
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BSc in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
- Knowledgeable in MS Office productivity tools
- Must have a background in Samancor Chrome Systems e.g. EBMS, IMS, Chromedoc, Coupa, SAP, LIMS, SAP, and Staffbook
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the types and locations of Samancor Cr mineral resources in relation to lab activities and final products
- Must be able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and 17025:2017
- Able to apply technical understanding of sample preparation processes and practices
- Preferably with a statistical background in Quality Management
- Background in project management is an advantage
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates are to fill out an online application form on Samancor’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: SCRCOR371
The deadline for submission of applications is on 02 December 2022.
1st Floor, Block A, Cullinan Place,
Cullinan Close (off Rivonia Road),
Morningside, Sandton, 2196
Tel: +27 11 245-1000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Samancor SHEQ Quality & Lab Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.