The South African Monitoring and Evaluation Association is inviting suitable individuals interested in applying for its upcoming M&E Trainee programme intake for 2022. For more information about the internship, particularly its basic eligibility criteria and skills requirements, read further below.
Established in 2005, the South African Monitoring and Evaluation Association is a non-profit association that provides a range of services including professional development activities, resource networks, and forums where members can discuss, explore, and take active participation with various evaluation interests. A board of directors oversees the operations of SAMEA, and with members all throughout South Africa, the Association drives the development of regional or provincial chapters that are instrumental in achieving its objectives.
SAMEA M&E Trainee Programme 2022
SAMEA, in partnership with the National Education Collaboration Trust , is offering the M&E Trainee programme which will be held at the NECT’s head office in Centurion. The trainee programme is set to start on 1 August 2022 and is expected to end by February 2023. Depending on the successful candidate’s performance for the duration of the training programme, the training agreement may be extended for 12 more months.
The incumbent will be working within the NECT’s data unit and is expected to perform the following functions:
- Data management and processing (e.g. data gathering, cleaning, quality assurance, and verification
- Data analysis utilizing relevant software
- Provide assistance with data reports generation based on queries
The NECT is an organization that works to reinforce social partnerships with the aim to achieve the National Development Plan’s educational goals through the implementation of educational programmes to raise schooling standards in South Africa.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the position’s basic eligibility and competency requirements listed below to qualify:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Education, Statistics, or Social Sciences (training in other disciplines with strong quantitative background is welcome)
- Manage and perform data capture, quality assurance, analysis, and verification
- Knowledgeable with database systems operations
- Proficient with computers, particularly with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel), STATA, internet research, and email
- Write custom or standard reports using data
- A South African citizen with a valid driver’s license or a work permit
- Background in statistical tools (e.g. R-Programming) will be a big advantage
- Solid command of written and spoken English
- Effective skills in quantitative data analysis
- Comfortable communicating effectively with clients/users
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualification and skills requisites and would like to pursue this training opportunity, get in touch with :
Tel. no: (012) 752 6200
All applications must be in by 22 July 2022. Late or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
Sabi Matiwane (Prog 8 Coordinator)
(012) 752 6200
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the SAMEA M&E Trainee Programme 2022 advert page.