Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting interested and suitable individuals to visit its careers page and apply for its Admin Assistant Graduate Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Admin Assistant Graduate Internship 2020
Sanlam’s Sales Support Internship Programme is a 12-month internship opportunity that lets the successful candidate acquire essential work experience in the financial services sector. As an Admin Assistant intern, the selected candidate will be part of the administrative team performing tasks such as:
- Performing administration support functions for the Management team
- Providing support functions to brokers and/or financial advisers
- Managing and facilitating events
- Keeping track of new business agreements
- Managing account payments
- Keeping track of outstanding premiums
Applicants who will be chosen for the position will be working in any of the SPI Distribution offices in the following locations:
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must meet the following basic requirements:
- Holds a national diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Financial Planning, Legal and Human Resources
- Completed Grade 12 or it’s equivalent
- No to little previous work experience is a preference
What is the selection process?
As there are positions that need a specific skill set or behavioral profile (called as “competencies”), psychometric tests, interviews and other evaluation tools are administered to match the applicant to the job.
Check out Sanlam’s Assessment Guide to get a clear picture of what to expect.
How do I apply?
If you meet the programme’s minimum qualifications, register an account to be able to apply. Make sure to ready an updated copy of your resume for uploading.
Click here to register an account or simply log in if you already have one.
All applications must be all in by 31 January 2020.
For technical issues during the application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Click here to view the Sanlam Admin Assistant Graduate Intern Programme advert.