Sanlam Personal Finance (SPF) is calling on matriculants in need of financial support to apply for its upcoming Bursary Programme for the year 2020.
SPF is the Sanlam Group’s retail business arm in South Africa. It serves clients across various market segments (e.g. business owners, professionals, entry-level, middle-income and affluent) with a comprehensive suite of competitive and accurate financial solutions. These services include life insurance savings and risk products, health, investment, retirement and fiduciary solutions.
Sanlam Personal Finance Actuarial Bursary Programme
As part of Sanlam’s commitment to supporting and developing great talent in the financial services sector, the company awards bursaries to deserving students enrolled in Actuarial Science.
- Coverage of tuition and boarding fees
- General allowance (pocket money and books)
- Academic and coaching support from actuarial professionals from Sanlam
- Networking opportunities with company staff
- Vacation work
- Coverage of actuarial board exam fees
Sanlam guarantees employment within a range of work opportunities once its bursars successfully completes their studies.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the programme’s basic requirement in order to qualify:
- Completed matric or in the process of completing matric
- Must be an incoming Actuarial Science student for the coming year
- Has at least 90% in Mathematics (Grade 11 and Matric)
- At least an “A” general average (Grade 11 and Matric)
- Excellent math skills
- Applicants from designated groups will be given preference
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to adapt to different situations
- Can work independently
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good eye for detail
- Highly organized and capable of accurate output
How to Apply
If you meet all the minimum requirements of the bursary programme, click the link below and register an account in Sanlam’s careers page.
Be sure to prepare the following supporting documents for upload during the application process:
- Final grade results from Grade 11 and mid-year results from Grade 12
- Certified copy of identification document
- Letter of motivation – must answer the following questions
- Describe the function of an actuary in your own words
- State your reason for studying actuarial science
- State why you believe you can be an actuary
- State the reason why you should be chosen for the bursary
- If unsuccessful becoming an actuary, state what other career you’d like to pursue
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 June 2019.
Know more about Sanlam Group by clicking the link below: