Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting interested and suitable individuals to visit its careers page and apply for its Client Service Life Investment Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Client Service Life Investments Internship Programme
The primary purpose of this internship is to allow successful applicants the opportunity to kickstart their careers by receiving training and essential work experience from a leading financial services firm such as Sanlam.
As a Client Service Life Investment Intern, the selected candidate will responsible for:
- Communicating business requirements accurately and clearly
- Providing relevant information in the most appropriate manner
- Communicating with the appropriate individuals to ensure transactions solicited by the sales team are processed accurately and efficiently
- Effective collection of issuing requirements
What is the selection process?
As there are positions that need a specific skill set or behavioral profile (called as “competencies”), psychometric tests, interviews and other evaluation tools are administered to match the applicant to the job.
Check out Sanlam’s Assessment to get a clear picture of what to expect.
Who should apply?
Aspiring candidates must be able to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for the internship:
- Must hold a relevant financial degree or diploma
- Possesses a keen interest in building a career in the investment/financial industry
- Capable of communicating fluently (written and verbal) in English. Knowledge of Afrikaans is a plus
- A collaborative team player
- Has good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Resilient with good attention to detail
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Sound organizing and planning skills
- Enthusiastic and a positive thinker
- Trustworthy and respectful
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned above and would like to push through with the application process will need to register their profile on Sanlam’s jobs portal. Click here to get there.
Alternatively, you can apply by choosing the “Apply via LinkedIn” option should you have an account.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For technical issues during the application process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link to view the Sanlam Client Services Life Investment Internship Programme 2020 advert.