Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting interested and suitable graduates to apply for its Client Services Internship Programme intake for 2022 at its Johannesburg offices in Gauteng. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key details of the role if you’re planning on submitting an application.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Client Service Internship Programme 2022
The successful candidate will be part of the SA Retail Mass cluster, a division within Sanlam Life and Savings cluster of the the Sanlam Group. As a Client Service Intern, the successful candidate can look forward to the following:
- A paid, 12-month internship commitment
- Hands-on training and assessment
- FETC certification in long-term insurance
- Constant mentoring and coaching
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of company services, products, and operational systems and processes
- Pass summative and formative assessments to complete the required level
- Perform ad hoc tasks as contracted
What is the selection process?
As there are positions that need a specific skill set or behavioral profile (called as “competencies”), psychometric tests, interviews and other evaluation tools are administered to match the applicant to the job.
Check out Sanlam’s Assessment process to get a clear picture of what to expect.
Who should apply?
Aspiring candidates must be able to meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for the internship:
- Completed Grade 12 with at least a one-year post Grade 12 qualification
- Qualified applicants from designated groups will be given priority
- An unemployed South African citizen between 18 to 34 years old
- Have not completed an internship in the past
- Able to commit to the 12-month internship contract
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned above and would like to push through with the application process will need to register their profile on Sanlam’s jobs portal. Click the link below to get there.
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For technical issues during the application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Click the link to view the Sanlam Client Service Internship Programme 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.