Sanlam is inviting interested and suitable individuals to visit its careers page and apply for its Finance Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Investments, Short-term and Corporate insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
Sanlam SA Finance Internship Programme
The successful intern will be working under direct supervision performing everyday tasks including:
- Processing daily invoices and payments
- Preparing account reconciliations
- Managing expense spreadsheets
- Credit card administration
- Performing office admin tasks (e.g. distributing mail, copying, simple calculations and managing records and files)
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet the basic requirements of the position get considered:
- Holds Accounting diploma
- Completed Grade 12
- Must be familiar with basic accounting principles such as processing journals, VAT)
What is the selection process?
In addition to making use of the applicant’s CVs and application forms, Sanlam administers a number of assessment methods when selecting candidates:
- Ability tests, which cover verbal, reasoning or numerical assessment tests
- Personality questionnaires that assess the candidates’ preference and natural style
- Situational judgement assessments that show how applicants tackle tasks
How to apply
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to push through with the application, create an account on Sanlam’s jobs portal to start the application process.
Click here to create your applicant account. If you already have an account, log in and apply for the opening.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click here if you wish to know about how it is to work at Sanlam.
View the Sanlam Finance Internship Programme advert by clicking the link.