Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its Legal/Compliance Internship Programme for 2021. Make it a point to check the minimum requirements of this internship position before applying.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. It boasts a global footprint spanning 44 countries and counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments)
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Legal/Compliance Internship 2021
The Legal/Compliance Intern will be able to apply acquired learnings in real-world environments to further professional development. The long-term scenario would lead to a management career path or specializing in a particular field within the company. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Under supervision, carry out targeted legal research for the GCO legal and compliance team
- Provide assistance with interpreting regulatory and legal requirements relevant to Sanlam and the financial services sector
- Support improvement initiatives
- Negotiate and liaise with external and internal stakeholders e.g. arranging briefings and meetings
- Perform ad hoc tasks
Who should apply?
- Must hold a Law degree
- With a background in business and data analysis
- Solid skills in relationship management and collaboration
- Knowledgeable in ad hoc reporting and general project coordination
- Proactive and demonstrates self-awareness
- Customer-focused and knows how to drive results
- Promotes innovation and collaboration
What is the selection process?
The Sanlam Group strives to achieve transformation and values diversity and believes in equitable and inclusive workplace are critical for a sustainable and thriving business in South Africa. The company’s Employment Equity targets will be taken into an account during the selection process.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on the company’s recruitment page to apply. Click here to access the page and get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 11 November 2020.
For technical issues or any other concerns about the application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Or click here to know more about Sanlam’s recruitment process.
Click the link to view the Sanlam SA Legal/Compliance Internship 2021 programme advert.