Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting suitable individuals to apply for its Operations Assistant Programme for 2021. Make it a point to check the minimum requirements of this internship position before applying.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. It boasts a global footprint spanning 44 countries and counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments)
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Operations Assistant Internship 2021
The Operations Assistant Intern will be able to apply acquired learnings in real-world environment to further professional development. The long-term scenario would lead to a management career path or specializing in a particular field within the company.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidates will include:
- Contribute in driving the Sanlam Limited Insurance Group’s GCO efficiency by streamlining its interactions and operations with the rest of the Group’s compliance function
- Conduct investigations and offer recommendations in line with GCO’s use of technology, as well as the group’s compliance functions
- Take part in the management, development, and implementation of metrics to analyze GCO maturity and the company’s compliance functions
- Work with the GTI team in determining, optimizing, implementing, and integrating tools and applications, as well as developing internal tools and automation technologies
- Optimize other operational functions within the GCO to improve productivity and contain costs
Who should apply?
- Must hold a Business Science degree or Commerce qualification with IT subjects
- With a background in business and data analysis
- Solid skills in relationship management and collaboration
- Knowledgeable in ad hoc reporting and general project coordination
- Proactive and demonstrates self-awareness
- Customer-focused and knows how to drive results
- Promotes innovation and collaboration
What is the selection process?
The Sanlam Group strives to achieve transformation and values diversity and believes in equitable and inclusive workplace are critical for a sustainable and thriving business in South Africa. The company’s Employment Equity targets will be taken into an account during the selection process.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to access the page and get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 11 November 2020.
For technical issues during the application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Or click here to know more about Sanlam’s recruitment process.
Click the link to view the Sanlam Operations Assistant Internship 2021.