Sanlam, one of the largest globally active insurance companies in the financial world, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its Support Administrator Internship for 2022 at its Johannesburg offices. Check the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Short-term and Corporate Insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
The company’s comprehensive suite of investment services includes:
- Local investments (e.g. investments with guarantees, fixed-term investments
- International investments
- Retirement income solutions
- Retirement savings solutions
Sanlam Support Administrator Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be part of Sanlam Developing Markets, a division of Sanlam Life Ltd., and is one of the leading financial services providers in the country’s emerging and entry-level markets. It offers a broad selection of basic and cost-effective financial solutions for meeting various needs e.g. life coverage, educational savings, funeral insurance, personal accident coverage, and more.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide admin/helpdesk support
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Document calls received by the helpdesk
- Escalate old and unresolved calls with the division
- Track and update logged requests
- Work closely with the Head Office, customers, and brokers
- Deliver quality support regarding incidents and escalations
- Type general communications and meeting minutes
- Perform general office tasks e.g. emails, file or fax documents, manage petty cash, and other administrative
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must meet the following basic requirements:
- Must have completed Grade 12
- Possesses 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Background in data gathering and analysis
- Knowledgeable with record keeping and database management
- Must be able to sustain quality verification and standards
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
What is the selection process?
As there are positions that need a specific skill set or behavioral profile (called as “competencies”), psychometric tests, interviews and other evaluation tools are administered to match the applicant to the job.
Check out Sanlam’s Assessment Guide to get a clear picture of what to expect.
How do I apply?
If you meet the programme’s minimum qualifications, register an account on Sanlam’s to be able to apply. Make sure to ready an updated copy of your resume for uploading. Click the link
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting
For technical issues during the application process, send an email to email@example.com.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Sanlam Support Administrator Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.