Sanne, a London-based financial services company, is inviting suitable individuals who are interested in submitting their applications for its upcoming Fund Accountant Trainee programme intake for 2022 in South Africa. If interested, be sure to go over the role’s basic eligibility criteria and key responsibilities.
About Sanne Fund
Founded in 1988 in Jersey, Channel Islands. Sanne was initially a company offering private fiduciary services to various clients. In 2008, the company restructured into a number of dedicated divisions serving the alternative asset classes of capital markets and private debt as well as private and real estate equity.
Today, Sanne is a division of the Apex Group and a global provider of fiduciary, reporting and administration services to corporations, asset managers, financial institution and family offices. The company operates in 20 international financial centres in the Americas, Asia-Pacific and EMEA with a workforce of over 1,800 employees.
Sanne SA Fund Accountant Trainee Programme 2023
As a Fund Accountant Trainee within the Company’s Debt Division, the successful candidate will mainly be preparing accurate portfolio valuations in a timely manner as well as handle the accounting of several portfolios.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Prepare portfolio valuations and manage relevant accounting books for assigned funds including partnerships and hedge funds, to name a few
- Work with fund managers, custodians and brokers to exchange information and resolve concerns in a timely manner
- Provide support to external auditors
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual NAVs
- Prepare yearly statutory financial statements
- Assist bank payments and cash management
- Take charge of client bookkeeping in compliance with accounting and regulatory obligations e.g. listing requirements and client reports
The Fund Accountant Trainee Programme is based at Sanne SA’s Cape Town and Johannesburg locations..
Who should apply?
In order to qualify for consideration, you need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a degree or diploma in Commerce with subjects in:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1, or Internal Control and Code of Ethics, or Internal Auditing 2
- Commercial Law 2 or Corporate Law 1
- Management Accounting
- Preferably with background in the financial industry and the fund knowledge
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an online application form on the company’s job application portal. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, fill out Sanne’s Contact US form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the SANNE SA Fund Accountant Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.