SANParks, the country’s leading conservation authority, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its Internship Programme offering based in a number of locations. Don’t forget to review the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
As a public entity under the Department of Environmental Affairs, the South African National Parks drives policies in line with the National Development and the National Development Framework for Sustainable Development. With 19 operational parks under its management, SANParks takes care of a total of 4 million hectares, or about 67% of protected areas under the auspices of the state.
SANParks Internship Programmes 2021
The successful candidate will be part of the Social Economic Transformation Department and is set to receive an R5,000-per month stipend for the duration of the internship.
SANParks currently needs applicants to fill internship roles in the following locations:
- Garden Route National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Groenkloof (head office)
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to meet the following minimum qualifications to apply:
For Garden Route applicants
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or a National Diploma in Natural or Social Sciences (NQF Level 7 or 6) from a public higher education institution
For Groenkloof applicants
- Human Resources Management (or with Organizational Development and Design), Supply Chain Management, Accounting Sciences, Procurement Management, Public Management, Public Administration, Information Technology, Health and Safety, and Marketing
For Table Mountain applicants
- Supply Chain Management, Public Management, Financial Management, Hospitality and Tourism, and Quantity Surveying
- Currently unemployed
- A South African citizen between 18 to 35 years of age
- Have never been employed nor taken in for an internship
- If applying outside of area of residence, applicants will need to provide for their own transportation and accommodation
- Must be able to pass a prescreening and verification process
What is the selection process?
no relevant info
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need their application along with the following support documents:
- Updated CV
- Certified copies of Grade 12/Matric certificate, academic qualifications and transcripts, and ID
Send applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to clearly specify the Park/Workstation you are applying for, including the relevant field of study and department
- Incomplete applications are unacceptable
- Only shortlisted applicants will receive feedback about their application
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2021.
For enquiries, contact your preferred location:
Tel: 044 877 0046
Table Mountain National Park
Tel: 021 712 0527
Tel: 012 426 5041
Click the link to view the respective PDF copy of the SANParks Internship Programme 2021 advert for each of the locations: