The South African National Roads Agency Soc Ltd. is offering its Engineering Bursary programme to students pursuing a career in the transportation infrastructure field. If you’re interested, be sure to review the minimum requirements and find out if you’re eligible to apply.
As a state-owned enterprise, the South African National Roads SOC Ltd is in charge of management, maintenance and further development of the nation’s proclaimed National Road systems. This includes various National Road segments as well as the Regional and Provincial routes.
SANRAL Engineering Bursary Programme
SANRAL’s Engineering Bursary Programme provides financial support to deserving and qualified students who are taking up undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications related to SANRAL’s core business. These fields of study include:
- Civil engineering, or relevant discipline in
- Built environment
- Public sector infrastructure administration and development,
- Smart technologies
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application:
- A South African citizen
- Currently pursuing a full-time, undergraduate or postgraduate study in any of the fields mentioned above
- Has achieved an average of 70% in their most recent exams
- Must be 35 years old or younger
- Not a recipient of any other bursary programme
What is the selection process?
In addition to the company’s Employment Equity Transformation Policy objectives, selection of bursary recipients will be based on:
- Financial capability of the candidates to further their studies
- Academic performance
- Willingness to render vacation work
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates will need to submit an application available for download on SANRAL’s website. Make sure to attach the following support documents to your application.
- An up-to-date and CV
- Latest copies of academic transcript and proof of university registration (certified copies)
- SA identification documents (certified copy)
- Letter of motivation from the applicant and the parents’
- Parents’ or guardians’ proof of income
Download the bursary application form here.
Get in touch with SANRAL regarding how and where to submit your application. See contact details below.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 October 2020.
Applicants who do not receive feedback by 31 January 2021 should consider their application as unsuccessful.
For more information, contact SANRAL directly at:
Phone: 021 957 4648
And look for:
Ms R. Erasmus
Ms H.A. Harper
GM Skills Development
Click here to view a PDF copy of the SANRAL Engineering Bursary Programme 2021advert.