The South African National Space Agency, or SANSA, is calling on suitable individuals to send in their application and qualify for its ICT In-Service Trainee Programme 2023 intake at its Hermanus location in Western Cape. Be sure to check the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role to ensure it’s a good fit.
About the South African National Space Agency
Established in 2010, the South African National Space Agency was created to further the use of space and promote cooperation in space-related endeavors while encouraging space science research and scientific engineering by improving human capital, and assisting the development of industries related to space technologies.
SANSA ICT In-Service Trainee Programme 2023
The SANSA’s ICT In-Service Trainee Programme 2023 intake is part of the Agency’s In-Service Training Programme initiative which aims to provide 1 to 2 years in-service training to students who are require it in order to complete their qualification.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform desktop support functions to users
- Install and/or upgrade computers
- Carry out network infrastructure maintenance
- Provide assistance with server cabinet wiring and network cabling
- Manage inventory of ICT storerooms
- Conduct general network admin management on MS Windows and Linux servers
- Document network infrastructure and services
- Develop new programming skills
In-service trainees are eligible to receive an all-inclusive, monthly stipend amounting to R6,179.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Currently pursuing an Information Systems degree and requires a 1 to 2 years of in-service training to complete qualification
- Not older than 35 years old at the time of application
- A permanent resident or South African citizen with a valid South African ID
- Willing to relocate to Hermanus, Western Cape for the duration of the in-service training
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check e,g, criminal record, academic records, credit check, security clearance, and citizenship check
- Able to successfully pass a competency and psychometric assessment
What is the selection process?
SANSA upholds the Employment Equity laws and accepts all applications from people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on SANSA’s online application portal by clicking on the link below:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information, contact SANSA directly by calling any of the following:
SANSA Western Cape
Tel. no: 028 312 1196
Tel. no: 012 844 0500
Tel. no: 012 334 5000
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the SANSA ICT In-Service Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.