The South African National Space Agency, or SANSA, is calling on suitable individuals to send in their application and qualify for its Internship Programme for 2021. Be sure to check the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements and job scope to ensure it’s a good fit.
Established in 2010, the South African National Space Agency was created to further the use of space and promote cooperation in space-related endeavors while encouraging space science research and scientific engineering by improving human capital, and assisting the development of industries related to space technologies.
SANSA Internship Programme
The SANSA is currently offering internship positions to graduates and postgraduates who are not currently employed and are from the fields of Engineering, Science, and Technology. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain real-world work experience through coaching, mentoring, and comprehensive exposure to a research environment.
Interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, the amount of which will be based on their qualifications:
- National Diploma (completed in-service training) – R5 697
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced diploma, B Tech – R6 404
- Postgraduate Diploma, Honours – R7 121
- Master’s, NQF, or MTech
Who should apply?
Candidates need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify for placement:
- Holds a National Diploma, bachelor’s degree, or postgraduate qualifications in any of the disciplines mentioned above
- Not older than 35 years old at the time of application
- A permanent resident or South African citizen with a valid South African ID
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check e,g, criminal record, academic records, credit check, security clearance, and citizenship check
- Able to successfully pass a competency and psychometric assessment
What is the selection process?
SANSA upholds the Employment Equity laws and accepts all applications from people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on SANSA’s online application portal by clicking on the link below:
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 7 May 2021.
For more information, contact SANSA directly by calling any of the following:
SANSA Western Cape
Tel. no: 028 312 1196
Tel. no: 012 844 0500
Tel. no: 012 334 5000
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the SANSA Internship Programme 2021 advert.