The South African National Space Agency, or SANSA, is calling on interested and suitably qualified individuals to send in their application and qualify for its Bursary Programme for 2020.
Established in 2010, the South African National Space Agency was created to further the use of space and promote cooperation in space-related endeavors while encouraging space science research and scientific engineering by improving human capital, and assisting the development of industries related to space technologies.
SANSA Postgraduate Bursary Programme 2020
The need to produce more engineers and scientists who will be instrumental in addressing the mission of the National Development Plan to secure a sustainable and successful future for South Africans is is the main thrust of the SANSA’s Postgraduate Bursary Programme. The Agency aims to support the national target for talented postgraduates from the field of Engineering and Science through its bursary programme.
Successful candidates for the academic year 2020 will receive the following bursary amounts:
- Honour’s degree students – R75 000 for one year
- Master’s degree students – R100 000 each year for 2 years
- PhD students – R130 000 each year for 2 years
Important bursary conditions to remember:
- Successful applicants are not allowed a combination of bursaries worth more than these amounts
- If a bursar is a beneficiary of another programme with a lesser amount, the SANSA will top up the amount
- Bursary support may only continue depending on satisfactory progress
Click the link to view the SANSA Postgraduate Bursary Programme.
Who should apply?
As this is a postgraduate programme, the following are eligible to apply:
- Honour’s degree students
- Master’s degree students
- PhD students
- Must be financially constrained to pursue postgraduate studies
What is the selection process?
The selection process is based on the following criteria:
- Financial capacity to study
- Career-centered study programmes
- Academic potential
How do I apply?
Applications must be done online at: https://www.sansa.org.za/careers/bursaries/application
Eligible applicants will need to submit the following credentials when applying:
- Progress report or June results for all subjects
- PDF Copy of South African ID or other forms of identification
- PDF copy of Testimonial from an educational official
Deadline for submission of applications is on 15 September 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Click the link to apply for the SANSA Postgraduate Bursary Programme 2020.
SANSA Western Cape
Tel. no: 028 312 1196
Tel. no: 012 844 0500
Tel. no: 012 334 5000