Applications are now open for the Santam GIS Graduate Programme 2023 in Bellville, Western Cape. If you’re interested, make sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role before applying.
Santam GTI, or Group Technology and Information, is a diversified financial services company with headquarters located in South Africa. The company has been in operation since 1918 providing value-added services to clients all over the world. Moreover, Sanlam is one of the largest internationally active insurance companies and is classified as a systematically important financial services company in South Africa.
Santam GIS Graduate Programme 2023
Successful candidates joining the Santam GIS Graduate Programme 2023 will be part of the Underwriting, Risk Management, and Risk Solutions teams operating at the Santam headquarters in Bellville, Western Cape. Reporting to the Tech Specialist Risk Manager, the main responsibility of the incumbent is geocoding, which is the conversion of addresses into coordinates with the help of a geocoder.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Clean address data and enforce a prescribed format
- Geocode processed addresses (manual or batch)
- Deliver feedback regarding deliverables and progress on assigned batches of address data
- Meet a set quota of geocoded addresses per week
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a diploma or degree in Natural Sciences
- Skilled with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Preferably knowledgeable with GIS and geocoding, as well as proficient in ESRI ArcGIS
- Good communication skills
- Knowledgeable with data capture, analytics, and preparation
- Works under pressure
- A good team worker and able to work under pressure
- Strong problem-solving, time management, and analytical skills
- Sharp eye for detail
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to set up an account on Santam’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For general enquiries, contact Santam by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.