Sappi South Africa is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its upcoming Corporate Filmmaker Internship Programme 2022 intake. Take a moment to review the minimum eligibility requirements of the internship if you’re intending on applying.
About Sappi Southern Africa
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, bio-materials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi Corporate Film Maker Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be fulfilling a 6-month internship role as a Corporate Film Maker at Sappi SA’s Saiccor Mill in Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal. Reporting to the Learning Manager, the role’s main duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Source content for script development, as well as schedule and facilitate video shoots
- Determine the specific camera equipment appropriate for the shoot
- Select content suited for virtual reality and 360 degree videos
- Set up and operate a variety of filming equipment e.g. video/audio recorders, props, mic, and lighting equipment
- Conduct video shoots and manage technical considerations during such, which include camera operation during shoots, sound recording
- Carry out post-production to meet customer requirements
- Film video footage, edit, label, and organize accordingly in a folder system
- Conceptualize and create motion and still graphics
- Enhance visual effects
- Collate music and audio effects for delivery methods
- Perform audio and video rendering for all delivery methods
- Carry our troubleshooting in all aspects of the productions as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet these minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirement:
- Holds a diploma or degree in multimedia development, video production, animation, or any equivalent discipline.
- Preferably with knowledge in the use of video editing applications or any video editing software
- Knows how to use Wondershare Filmora
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Possesses a thorough understanding of interactive and media technologies
- Great attention to detail, flexible, and easily adjusts to a dynamic work environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have received Covid-19 vaccination (as per the Department of Employment and Labour directive)
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants are required to register their profile on the Company’s online recruitment page to be able to apply for the role. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 June 2022.
For your enquiries, contact Sappi SA directly at:
Tel:+27 (0)39 973 8911
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Sappi Corporate Film Maker Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available.