Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Engineering Bursary Programme 2020
Sappi SA’s bursary programme offering is in line with its efforts in developing fresh talent and at the same time providing assistance to promising and deserving students complete their engineering (or industry-relevant study) qualification. This comprehensive bursary programme will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Book fees
- Living and residence expenses
Actual total value of the bursary award will be dependent on the household income of the bursar.
Moreover, Sappi SA is awarded to students taking up a Bachelor of Science qualification in the following areas of discipline:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- (Bachelor of Science) Forestry and Wood sciences
- Holds a National Diploma in Pulp and Paper
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the following basic requirements:
- Obtained matric results must be at least 70% for Mathematics (excluding Maths Literacy), 70% for Physical Science and 60% for English
- Undergraduate students must have at least a 70% grade average
- Must be taking up or intending to take up any of the above-mentioned qualifications
- A current student or school leaver from a recognized South African tertiary education institution
- A South African citizen between the age of 18 and 25 years old
Make sure the following supporting documents are available when you apply:
- Copy of matric certificate and any other academic qualifications
- Proof of registration or provisional copy of registration from an tertiary education institution
- Latest academic record
- Recent and comprehensive CV
- Copy of valid SA identity document
- Proof of household income or affidavit showing the applicant’s total household income
What is the selection process?
Shortlisted applicants will go through a thorough screening process:
- Personal interview
- Psychometric testing
Be sure to accomplish all fields on this application as it will also be a deciding factor during the final phase of the selection process. Also, living in close proximity to Sappi SA’s main business operations will also be a crucial deciding factor.
How do I apply?
Should you happen to satisfy the minimum requirements of the prgramme, register an account on Sappi’s recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here to register an account.
View the Sappi SA Engineering Bursary Programme by clicking the link.
All applications must be submitted by 30 September 2019.
If 14 days had passed the closing date and you have not received any feedback from Sappi, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For further questions about the programme or the application process, get in touch with the HR Department by calling Sappi SA’s head office at +27 (0)11 407 8111.