Sappi South Africa is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its upcoming Finance Internship Programme 2021 intake. Take a moment to review the minimum eligibility requirements of the internship before applying.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, bio-materials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Finance Internship Programmes
Reporting to the Mill Management Accountant, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop and acquire key skills by performing various duties and responsibilities for the duration of the internship.
- Assume a number of functions in finance in order to acquire the most practical exposure and work experience
- Provide assistance with a variety of admin work and ad hoc activities
- Take part in daily contract admin activities
- Ensure accurate documentation for the department is complete
- Help with aggregating monthly budgets including actual spending and approvals
The finance intern will be assigned in Saiccor Mill in Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal.
Who should apply?
In order to be eligible for consideration, applicants will need to satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Completed matric or Grade 12 qualification
- Holds a relevant degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration or equivalent discipline
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Work experience is not a requirement
What is the selection process?
Sappi employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able to meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present and the most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperwork and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to pursue this internship opportunity, click the link below and create an applicant profile on Sappi’s recruitment page.
Req. ID: 35550
The deadline for submission of applications is on 07 May 2021.
Tel:+27 (0)39 973 8911
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the Sappi SA Finance Internship Programme 2021.