Sappi SA is inviting suitably qualified graduates to submit their application and apply for its upcoming Forest Research Internship Programme at their Tweedie Research centre.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Forest Research Internship 2021
The successful applicant will be working out of Sappi Forests, KwaZulu-Natal as a Research Intern, and will be given the opportunity to obtain key skills training in order to develop specific competencies needed in conducting research and production-related endeavors at Sappi SA’s Tweedie research facility.
Reporting to the Programme Leader, the incumbent’s primary duties and responsibilities are to provide assistance with the following tasks
- Trial projects including planting and measurement
- Breeding activities including cross pollinations, flowering, and seed studies
- Disease and pest surveys, including lab trials and growth media preparation
- Acquire samples, prepare, and analyze wood properties
- Screen pathogens and pests against pesticides
- Management and data capture
Who should apply?
- Completed Grade 12 or matric
- Holds a degree/diploma in
- Tree breeding
- Horticulture, or any other relevant field of study
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers and MS Office tools such as PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Preferably owns a valid driver’s license
- Work experience not a requirement
How do I apply?
Applicants who satisfy the prescribed minimum eligibility requirements will need to register an account on Sappi SA’s recruitment portal.
Click here to get started.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 23 November 2020.
Any other questions may be directed to:
Phone: 27 (0)33 347 6600
Or you can refer to the Sappi SA Forest Research Internship advert for more details.
- I already submitted an application. How long do I have to wait to get feedback?
Due to the large number of applications Sappi SA processes on a regular basis, only shortlisted applicants will get a notification. Wait 14 days after the deadline, and if no feedback comes, consider the application as unsuccessful.
- Can I send my application via email?
No. You can only apply by visiting Sappi SA’s recruitment portal. Any applications sent by any other means will not be accepted.
- What will be the location of the internship position?
The Research Intern position will be held in Sappi SA’s Tweedie Research Centre in KwaZulu-Natal.