Sappi SA is in need of a suitable individual who would like to submit an application to qualify for its Procurement Internship Programme at Sappi’s Saiccor Mill in Umkomaas.
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and speciality papers, printing paper, biomaterials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Procurement Internship Programme
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager, the successful applicant will have an opportunity to develop and acquire competencies, skills and hands-on experience in their particular field. Moreover, the incumbent will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Data gathering and analysis
- Supplier and customer relations management
- Procurement and office administration
- Project planning as well as reporting
This internship opportunity will have the successful candidate to join the Procurement Team based in Sappi’s Global Business Services in Umhlanga.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate is expected to possess the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Commerce, Accounting or any relevant field of study
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Work experience is not a requirement
What is the selection process?
Sappi SA employs a straight-forward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able to meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present. The most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperwork and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
How do I apply?
Applicants able to meet the basic qualifications mentioned above will need to register an account on Sappi SA’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to start the process.
If you already have an account, kindly sign in and use the job requisition ID 34710 to easily locate the job listing.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 24 March 2021. If you do not receive any feedback from Sappi within 14 days past the deadline, consider the application as unsuccessful.
Should you have further questions about this internship programme, get in touch with Sappi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send applications to this email address.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Sappi SA Procurement Internship 2021 programme advert.