Sappi South Africa is calling on suitable Chemical Engineering graduates to apply for its upcoming Chemical Engineer Internship Programme for 2021
Sappi SA was established in 1936 to provide consumers with locally made paper. Through the years, they have diversified their production to meet local demand for uncoated business and graphic papers, newsprint, packaging and specialty papers.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, the main office manages the sub-divisions of Sappi Specialised Cellulose, Sappi Paper and Paper Packaging, and Sappi Forests. Regional functions including human resources, finance, board functions, technical and engineering, and more are handled in their Johannesburg offices.
From Sappi SA emerged Sappi Global, a huge, multi-national company operating in three continents. They sell millions of tons of top quality products ranging from dissolving wood pulp and paper products, to biochemicals and biomaterials, to customers all over the world.
Sappi Chemical Engineer Internship Programme
Sappi SA offers a thoroughly structured occupational training programme developed for individuals who wish to be part of the company’s R&D activities in the area fo bleaching and chemical pulping and acquire first professional experience.
The primary responsibilities of the Chemical Engineer Intern are as follows:
- Take part in planning and scoping of project activities
- Provide assistance and conduct lab and pilot plant experiments
- Operate pilot-scale and bench-top equipment
- Participate in mill visits
- Create data and run basic analysis
- Generate written reports and presentations from field testing and experiments
- Take part in troubleshooting and maintenance of lab and pilot plant equipment
Who should apply?
To qualify for the Product Internship Programme, the applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Completed a BTech or BSc in Chemical Engineering
- Good background in MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work experience is not a requirement
How to Apply
If you meet the programme’s basic requirements, create an account on Sappi’s recruitment portal in order to apply if you haven’t done so already.
Click here to start the process.
Note: Link may no longer work if the position had been filled or expired.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 December 2020.
Should you not receive feedback within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For further details, call Sappi’s Johannesburg offices at +27 (0)11 407 8111.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Sappi Chemical Engineer Internship Programme 2021 advert.