Sappi South Africa is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its upcoming Sappi SA Legal (GBS) Internship 2022 intake. Take a moment to review the minimum eligibility requirements of the internship before applying.
About Sappi Southern Africa
Established in 1936, Sappi South Africa (SA) is a leading manufacturer of quality paper products and dissolved paper pulp. After a series of aggressive expansion efforts, the company diversified its product line to meet local and international demand. Today, they produce packaging and specialty papers, printing paper, bio-materials and bio-energy, to name a few.
Sappi SA is headquartered in Johannesburg and is the forerunner of Sappi Global, a multi-national company with operations spanning three continents including North America and Europe.
Sappi SA Legal Internship
Sappi South Africa’s Legal Internship role is based at its Global Business Service Centre in Umhlanga. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop and acquire key skills, experience, and competencies in the legal profession.
The duties and responsibilities of SAPPI’s Legal Intern include, and may not be limited to:
- Provide legal assistance to the Legal Team of the SSA Group Legal Department
- Render assistance with legal research in support of the Legal Counsel
- Draft and ensure accuracy of commercial contracts as well as other types of contracts
- Perform ad hoc legal duties as requested
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the following minimum qualification requirements are invited to submit their application:
- Holds a law degree or its equivalent
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric qualification
- Know how to work with computers
- Previous work experience is not a requirement
- Must have an interest in litigation, commercial, property, or environmental law
What is the selection process?
Sappi employs a straightforward and effective selection process when screening applicants for either internships or full-time positions.
- Applicants able to meet the basic requisites are shortlisted by a line manager and the HR department
- Interview invitations are sent to the qualified applicants
- The interview is conducted with the HR and line manager present and the most suitable applicants are chosen based on the interview and CV
- When needed, assessments are done to determine skill gaps or suitability for the job prior to potential employment
- The line manager reviews the assessment results along with recommendations
- An offer is made to the best candidate
- The successful candidate will accomplish the required paperwork and will receive a start date upon accepting the offer
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on Sappi’s online recruitment page. Click on the link below to start the process:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 4 January 2022.
All applicants are required to submit a copy of their vaccine card when applying for any of Sappi’s vacancies.
For more information, you can reach Sappi SA at:
Tel:+27 (0)39 973 8911
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the Sappi SA Legal Internship 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.