SAPREF’s ICT Business Analyst Internship Programme is looking to hire three (3) highly qualified individuals. The South African Refineries is a joint partnership between British Petroleum SA and Shell Refining SA making it the biggest name in crude oil refineries in the country. It produces close to 35% of the country’s refined crude oil.
Established in 1960, SAPREF is located in Durban where 24,000 tons of crude are processed each day. The company’s product offerings include diesel, petrol, lubricating oil, jet fuel, liquid petroleum gas, chemical feed stocks, solvents, paraffin, and more.
SAPREF ICT Business Analyst Internship Programme 2019
The internship programme requires 3 particpants; and as ICT Business Analyst interns, their responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Compile, validate and document a variety of enhancements and system information needed
- Web based development
- Analyze requests from and work as an intermediary between process/business owners to ICT
- Conduct and participate in meetings and workshops with business owners
- Develop or design technical and system functional specifications
- Generate, document an manage
- Define and implement system configuration settings
- Develop software code for safekeeping
- Keep track of changes to the live environment
- Take care of system-life and manage applications
- Drive system upgrades and manage applications
- QA testing all applications in development, changed and implemented
- Create and maintain effective applications
- Perform system patching as well as system performance monitoring, optimization as well as bench-marking
- Conduct normal system administration tasks
- Check application logs
- Take charge of system/application of cybersecurity controls or features
- Manage document records tagged to an application’s architecture and as-built environments
Acceptance into the company in a permanent capacity will be based upon the standards set by SAPREF including availability of the position and performance appraisal to name a few.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify, applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Obtained a BSc Degree in Computer Science or BCom Informatics
- Familar with SDLC
- Knows various data modelling techniques
- Knows web based applications as well as client/server architectures
- Experienced in Visual Studio, C#, C++, .Net framework
- Good grasp of data concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Can listen to co-workers
- Can write business correspondence effectively
- Has excellent problem solving shills
How to Apply
For those who meet the programme’s minimum requirements, set up an account at the company’s recruitment page. Click here to get started with the application.
Opening and Closing Date
The deadline for submission of applications is on 25 April 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Should you have any questions about the SAPREF ICT Business Analyst Internship Programme, send them an email at email@example.com
View the job advert by clicking the link below: