Applications are now open for the SARB Data Science Graduate Internship intake for 2024 in Pretoria. If you’re interested in applying, be sure to go over the minimum eligibility requirements as well as the key responsibilities of the role.
The South African Reserve Bank was founded in 1921 to correct the abnormal monetary and financial state of the nation resulting from World War I. It is the fourth central bank established beyond the borders of the UK and Europe. The SARB is privately-owned and the oldest central bank in Africa.
As the central bank of Africa, the SARB’s functions are:
- Create and implement monetary policy
- Issue coins and banknotes
- Supervise the nation’s banking system
- Ensure that the National Payment System (NPS) is functioning effectively
- Manage the country’s official gold as well as foreign exchange reserves
- Serve as banker to the South African government
- Manage the nation’s remaining exchange controls
- Act as lender of last resort in times of exceptional need
SARB Data Science Graduate Internship 2024
SARB’s Data Science Internship is a 12-month programme that will have the successful candidate based at the Organization’s Business Solutions & Technology Department. During the internship, the incumbent will participate in a number of learning interventions which include technical training at the SARB Academy. The internship provides opportunities to take on a Data Science track as well as working occasionally in a data lab environment on a variety of use cases.
The SARB Data Science Graduate Internship 2024 commences in February 2024.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Must be a graduate of, or currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in any of the following fields of study:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning
- Predictive Analytics Modelling
- Applied Mathematics
- Economics with Econometrics
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
- Coding with Python and R
- A South African citizen
- Naturally curious, self-motivated, and innovative with excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal as well as communication skills
- Achieved an overall GPA of at least 65% and a proven track record of exceptional academic performance
- Preferably with experience participating in data science competitions such as Kagggle and/or contributing to Gitlab/Github projects
Note that this is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on SARB’s online recruitment page to apply for the role. Click on the link below to get started:
Job ID: IRC34221
The deadline for submission of applications is on 12 October 2023.
For enquiries about the internship role, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org