The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is currently accepting applications for its upcoming Graduate Programme for the year 2019. The central bank of South Africa was founded in 1921 to correct the abnormal monetary and financial state of the nation resulting from World War I. It is the fourth central bank established beyond the borders of the UK and Europe. The SARB is privately-owned and the oldest central bank in Africa.
As the central bank of Africa, the SARB’s functions are:
- Create and implement monetary policy
- Issue coins and banknotes
- Supervise the nation’s banking system
- Ensure that the National Payment System (NPS) is functioning effectively
- Manage the country’s official gold as well as foreign exchange reserves
- Serve as banker to the South African government
- Manage the nation’s remaining exchange controls
- Act as lender of last resort in times of exceptional need
SARB Graduate Development Programme 2019
Selected applicants will be joining a 12-month graduate programme in the SARB Academy where they will acquire knowledge in the following areas:
- Monetary policies
- Financial stability and macroprudential policy
- Bank regulation and supervision
- Financial market and reserves management
- Professional skills such as creating presentations, data analysis, impactful reporting, personal mastery, teamwork and diplomacy
This is a paid graduate programme. Participants will receive a monthly stipend all throughout the duration of the programme.
Successful graduates of the programme will get the opportunity to work at the SARB Main Office located in Pretoria starting in January 2020 until December of the same year.
Requirements or Eligibility
The SARB Graduate Development Programme is open to individuals who qualify for postgraduate studies in any of the following disciplines:
- Policy Analysis
- Public Finance
- Financial Management
- Information technology
- Investment or Portfolio Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Risk Management
- International Relations
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to set up an online account on the SARB careers portal. Click the “Apply” button at the top right corner of the page to start the application process.
First, be sure to fill out the online application form completely. Secondly, upload your academic records along with an ID document. Shortlisted applicants will administered a psychometric test and a background security check.
Preference will be afforded to applicants from designated groups. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for applications is on 7 April 2019. No late submissions will be considered.
If you need to know more about the South African Reserve Bank, click the link provided below:
ALSO CHECKOUT THE LATEST OPPORTUNITIES BELOW:
[wp-rss-aggregator exclude=”2252″ limit=”6″]