Sasol SA is calling on graduates who are interested in sending their application to apply for the company’s Organizational and Industrial Psychology Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Sasol is an integrated chemical and energy company that started in the early 1950. The company rolled out its first product, which was eight drums of creosote. By its 10th anniversary and after five years of production, the company had made 1.36 million rands. It formed the South African Gas Distribution Co. to distribute and sell pipeline gas in 1966.
Sasol operates in 32 countries backed by 31, 270 employees all over the globe. They develop and market technologies, as well as build and operate and large-scale production plants to come up with a range of products including liquid fuels, low-carbon electricity, and chemicals.
Sasol SA Organizational and Industrial Psychology Internship Programme 2020
The successful candidate will be joining the HR team as well as perform tasks related to the Safety, Health and Environmental area. These tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct incident investigation, root cause analysis and provide input about organizational, personal and workplace factors
- Provide assistance with the business in applying the human failure causation model
- Perform quantitative and qualitative diagnostics to determine the existing safety climate
- Develop organizational structures that will help increased efficiency and performance
- Develop a behavioral and technical matrix
- Develop and update profiles and draft OJT training manuals
- Assist in designing job assessments and simulations for analyzing competencies
- Assist in performing company-wide skills audit
- Design and execute change management processes as new company policies are introduced
- Work with managers on improving management skills
- Keep employee satisfaction survey up to date
- Hold focus groups in line with ESI survey results and design appropriate interventions
- Perform recruitment and screening including competency-based interviews
- Observe in hearings as well as provide advice regarding the company’s code of conduct
- Go to labor court for a least a day.
- Create and develop induction and orientation for managers and supervisors
- Provide assistance with performance management sessions through coaching about handling team performance HR processes
- Take part in basic counselling intervention or sending employees to relevant professionals
- Participate in creating safety induction video
- Take part in drafting and creating a range of educational workshops for employees (e.g. financial literacy, workplace conduct, health)
- Create summaries, detailed selection and progress reports as per job requirements
- Generate feedback on assessment results
- Create job assessments
Who should apply?
Only applicants who satisfy the following minimum requirements will be considered for the internship programme:
- Must hold a postgraduate degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology with dissertation completed and submitted for examination
- Registered with the HPCSA as an Industrial and Organizational Psychology student
- Must have some background in Industrial and Organizational psychology
- Work background or has done academic research about safety, health, environment, medico-legal environment is a definite advantage
- Possess a broad and thorough knowledge of Organizational and Industrial Psychology
- Good problem solving skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Assertive with solid communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Eager to learn
- Passionately committed to organizational psychology
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to register an account on the company’s online job portal. Click here to get started.
If you already have an account, go ahead and log in and apply. Use the Req ID 76273 to easily locate the account.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 9 Novemner 2019. Consider your application as unsuccessful if you do not receive feedback 30 days after the closing date.
- What is the duration of the internship?
The Organizational and Industrial Psychology Internship programme will run for a period of 12-18 months.
- Where will the internship be held?
The successful applicants will stationed in Sasol SA’s site in Secunda, Sandton in Gauteng.
For further enquiries, call Sasol South Africa directly at 27 17 610 7501.
View the Sasol SA Organizational and Industrial Psychology Internship programme advert by clicking the link.