SEDISA Trust is once more opening its doors to deserving individuals who wish to obtain a degree with the help of the SEDISA BWE Trust Bursary Programme for 2021. Be sure to check the minimum eligibility requirements prior to applying.
The SEDISA Black Women Education Trust was founded in 2010 with the aim of improving the lives of South African black women through education bursaries to support them through tertiary education.
SEDISA BWE Bursary Programme
The primary thrust of the programme is to provide much-needed assistance to historically disadvantaged young black women looking to pursue tertiary education in a South African university.
This specifically means that the programme only supports candidates who would not be able to send themselves to school further without the help of the Trust. As beneficiaries of the SEDISA bursary programme, they will receive financial assistance that will cover the following:
- tuition and registration expenses
- book expenses
- boarding accommodation
Who should apply?
In order to qualify for the SEDISA bursary programme, applicants must have the following minimum requirements:
- Previously disadvantaged black South African woman (as defined by the BBBEE codes)
- Solid academic standing
- Economically disadvantaged
Moreover, SEDISA will review applications from students who are taking up degrees in the following areas of discipline:
- Surveying, Civil, Quantity, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
How do I apply?
For those who are interested and qualified to join the programme, the following documents are required for submission:
- A certified true copy of ID
- A motivational letter showing how the bursary would make a difference in your life
- Fee statement
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a tertiary level education
- List of school-related expenses
- A certified true copy of academic record or matric certificate
- A complete and up-to-date CV
All required documents are to be uploaded to SEDISA’s bursary application page. Click the link below to get started:
The SEDISA BWE Trust Bursary Programme for the 2021 academic year is accepting applications until 15 February 2021.
If you have other questions about the SEDISA BWE Bursary Programme, or if you want to know more about the organization, click on the link to its homepage below:
Click here to view a PDF copy of the SEDISA Black Women Education Trust Bursary Programme 2021.