The Small Enterprise Foundation recently announced the opening of its 12-month Graduate Programme for 2019. Established in 1992, SEF is the brainchild of John De Wit and Matome Malatji with two small loans and the drive to improve the quality of life of the South African poor.
The Foundation started in Limpopo, the most underprivileged region in the country. It has since expanded its reach and has now served more than 190,000 clients, a big chunk of which are women living in six provinces in South Africa. These are micro-entrepreneurs who are recipients of SEF’s microcredit grants, savings training and facilitation.
Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) Graduate Programme 2019
The Small Enterprise Foundation Graduate Programme runs for a period of 12 months. It focuses on training and development of recent graduates with a focused commitment to eliminate poverty in South Africa. In addition, the selected candidates will have a chance to gain working experience with the widely recognized South African Microfinance Organization.
The primary goal of the SEF Graduate Programme is to equip young graduates with ideal skills to perform important roles and take responsibility as SEF moves forward into the future. Participants can develop interpersonal and personal skills along with business skills. There is an opportunity to learn various tasks encompassing many responsibilities within the Foundation.
Selected candidates who have performed exceptionally well may be offered a full-time contract at the end of the graduate programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must possess the minimum qualifications listed below:
- A degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, BCom Honours, Auditing, Statistics, IT and Human Resources
- A 65% grade average all throughout the course
- Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills
- Works well independently as well as in a team
- Good analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated and confident
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and capable of prioritizing tasks effectively
- A South African citizen with a valid ID
- Non-citizens must hold a valid working permit and passport
- People living with disability are highly encouraged to send in their application
- Late or incomplete application will not be reviewed
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the minimum requirements set by the Foundation can send their updated CV, cover letter and academic transcripts to:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 31 August, 2019.
For more details about the SEF Graduate Programme, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know more about the Small Enterprise Foundation by clicking the link to its homepage.