Seriti Coal is currently accepting applications for its Geology Internship 2023 intake in Mpumalanga. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and job details if you’re interested in applying for this permanent position.
About Seriti Coal
Seriti is a 91% black-owned South African mining company and co-owned by black cornerstone shareholders including Thebe Investments, Masimong Group, Community Investment Holdings, and Zungu Investments. Its incorporation in 2017 lead to the acquisition of the New Vaal, Kriel, and New Denmark mines from Anglo American. In June 2021, South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) was also acquired by Seriti with the vision of ushering the coal industry well into the future, and more importantly, the generation of reliable, transformational, and sustainable energy for South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and international export markets.
Seriti aims to be the industry-leading supplier of coal and related products in the country. To make that happen, the company has several initiatives in place such as this graduate programme.
Seriti Geology Internship 2023
The Seriti Geology Internship 2023 opportunity is 30-month structured development programme that seeks to provide the successful candidate with practical learning within a geological environment. Upon successful completion of the development programme, the incumbent will be considered for a key role within the company.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate key learnings after completion of each phase of the internship; establish a project at the second year to be presented at the end of the programme
- Attend and actively participate in all courses and seminars as prescribed in the developmental programme
- Perform relevant ad hoc roles and deliver targeted results and recommend improvements
- Identify, recommend, and participate in value-added or improvement projects through benchmarking, research, and networking with key stakeholders (internal/external)
- Work closely with a technical coach and mentor
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the Seriti Geology Internship 2023 opportunity:
- Holds a BTech or BSc Hons in Geology (NQF Level 8)
- Proof of completion of a project related to the field of study
- Able to demonstrate acquired theoretical knowledge in the field of study
- High level of maturity and eagerness to gain more learnings
- Motivated, proactive, and a self-starter
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Innovative, proactive, and comfortable working under pressure
- Good business writing, planning, and organizational skills
- Computer literate; knowledgeable with MS Office applications
- Holds, or able to acquire a certificate of fitness
- Preferably with previous work experience relevant to study and basic knowledge of the company’s business values and principles
How do I apply?
If you’re interested, you need to go through a short, online application process to apply for the role. Click the link below to get started:
Ref No: NLC031/23GS – Geology
Prepare the following application documents for uploading during the application process:
- Profile photo (latest passport-size photo)
- Updated CV with certified copies of relevant qualifications (must not be over 3 months old)
- Copy of valid driver’s license, ID document
Important: Use Google Chrome when applying to allow attachments.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 9 May 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive feedback regarding their applications. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful if no feedback is received within 30 days after the deadline.
For more details get in touch with Seriti directly via their Contact Us page.
Do not post queries if the Seriti Geology Internship 2023 is no longer available.