Seriti Coal is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Rock Engineering 2023 intake at its Emalahleni site in Mpumalanga. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and job details if you’re interested in applying for this permanent position.
Seriti is a 91% black-owned South African mining company and co-owned by black cornerstone shareholders including Thebe Investments, Masimong Group, Community Investment Holdings, and Zungu Investments. Its incorporation in 2017 lead to the acquisition of the New Vaal, Kriel, and New Denmark mines from Anglo American. In June 2021, South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) was also acquired by Seriti with the vision of ushering the coal industry well into the future, and more importantly, the generation of reliable, transformational, and sustainable energy for South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and international export markets.
Seriti aims to be the industry-leading supplier of coal and related products in the country. To make that happen, the company has several initiatives in place, and this internship is one such initiative.
Seriti Rock Engineering Internship 2023
Seriti’s Rock Engineering Internship is a developmental role which seeks to provide knowledge about Mining Environment functions through experiential learning. The incumbent will undergo a structured, 42-month developmental programme performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Obtain essentials skills and qualifications as an Engineer, and eventually, Engineer Manager
- Demonstrate key learnings to the Operational Management group and determine a project to present at the end of the internship
- Participate in all prescribed formal courses and seminars
- Identify, recommend, and take part in improvement projects related to engineering through research and benchmarking other industries and divisions
- Pick out and work closely with a technical coach or mentor
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a degree in BSc Engineering (Mining), Geology (Hons), or BEng Tech (Hons)
- Pursuing final year of internship or graduate programme in Geology/Mining
- Proof of completion of a discipline-related project
- Demonstrated theoretical knowledge in the field of study
- Eager to learn, proactive, and motivated
- Sound numeracy and MS Office skills
- Effective analytical and business writing skills
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- With a Certificate of Fitness or will be able to acquire it at short notice
Note that the above is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested, you need to go through a short, online application process to apply for the role. Make sure to use Google Chrome when navigating to the application page. Click the link below to get started:
Ref No:VAR111/22GS – Rock Eng
Prepare the following application documents for uploading during the application process:
- Profile photo (latest passport-size photo)
- Updated CV with certified copies of relevant qualifications (must not be over 3 months old)
- Copy of valid driver’s license, ID document
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 December 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive feedback regarding their applications. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful if no feedback is received within 30 days after the deadline.
For more details get in touch with Seriti directly via their Contact Us page.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Seriti Rock Engineering Internship 2023 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.