Shoprite South Africa is part of the Shoprite Group of Companies, which is the largest food retailer in Africa. It currently operates more than 2,843 outlets scattered in 14 countries all across Africa as well as the Indian Ocean Islands. Headquartered in the Western Cape, Shoprite employed more than 147,478 people in the middle of 2018. As the company constantly grows at a steady pace, it offers several programmes aimed at promoting the company, one of which is the Shoprite bursaries. The Shoprite Bursary programme is looking to attract and fund students and even possibly offer permanent employment within the company.
Shoprite Bursaries 2019
Shoprite is looking for qualified students who want to learn grow and work for a unique company that offers great opportunities and dedication to its employees and customers. Among the many initiatives the company has started, its bursary programmes are the most popular. Here’s a list of the most popular bursaries the company is offering.
- Accounting Bursary (CA Stream)
- Information Technology Bursary
- Logistics Bursary
- Retail Business Management Bursary Programme
These bursary programme offerings are suitable for individuals who prefer a lifetime career working with the widest range of inspirational brands in the retail food industry.
Bursars who successfully finish their course studies will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic and highly professional team across the various departments that collectively form the largest food retailer in the African continent.
Requirements or Eligibility
Review the Shoprite Bursary Programme’s basic requirements prior to sending an application:
Accounting Bursary Programme
- Students in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year, including with Honours
- Must have successfully completed Grade 12 with a 70% grade average
- A Bachelor of Accounting or Bcompt student qualifying towards CTA and registered articles programme with a 60%+ average
Information Technology Bursary Programme
- Students of BS Computer Science, Mathematical Science, Data Science, and Data Statistics
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students
- At least three years of IT studies with 60%+ average
Logistics Bursary Programme
- Students in 1st to 3rd year
- Successfully completed 1st semester Grade 12 with 70%+ average, or
- BCom Logistics in Quantitative Management, Bachelor of Science in Operational Research or any relevant degrees with 60%+ average
Retail Business Management Bursary Programme
- BTech and 1st to 3rd year students
- Successfully completed 1st semester in Grade 12 or National Diploma course in Retail Business with a 60%+ average
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are required to set up an account in Shoprite’s eRecruit page to be able to sign in and apply. Click on the link below to get started:
Alternatively, applicants with LinkedIn accounts can apply using the link below:
Opening and Closing Dates
Logistics/ Supply Chain students: 30 September 2019.
Retail Business Management students: 30 September 2019.
Pharmacy students: closed.
Accounting Bursary: closed.
No contact details provided. However, Shoprite works hard to reply to all applications as much as they can. If in case no communications has been received within 30 days, consider the application as unsuccessful.
Want to know more about Shoprite? Click the link below to learn more: