Shoprite South Africa is announcing the opening of its Financial Manager Trainee Programme for 2019. Shoprite SA is part of the Shoprite Group of Companies, the largest food retailer in Africa. It currently operates more than 2,843 outlets scattered in 14 countries all across Africa as well as the Indian Ocean Islands. Headquartered in the Western Cape, Shoprite SA employed more than 147,478 people in the middle of 2018.
Shoprite SA Financial Manager Trainee Programme 2019
Shoprite SA is looking for a Chartered Accountant to fill the Financial Manager Trainee programme. As a Financial Manager Trainee, the selected candidate will primarily provide assistance to make sure effective financial administration is implemented at the divisional office and all its branches.
The Financial Manager Trainee will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage timely, informative and reliable financial data used in decision making
- Maintain expense creditors department
- Provide assistance managing and implementing sound risk management environment and internal control
- Provide assistance in pushing improvements in existing operational and administrative processes
- Compile monthly management for the board of directors
- Conduct feasibility studies on all expansion programmes
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding pricing and service level agreements
- Effectively manage and execute profit improvement and cost curtailment initiatives
- Manage capital expenditure
- Effective fixed asset and stock management
- Operational support
- Forecasting and total budgeting process management
- Perform functions and ad-hoc analysis relevant to financial management
This trainee programme seeks to hire a Financial Manager working in a permanent capacity under the Divisional Financial Manager based in Centurion, Gauteng Province.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to qualify:
- Must have completed Chartered Accounting qualification
- Must be professionally registered at SAICA
- Must have at least 2 years experience in CA post articles
- Must have at least 2 years experience in Financial Management (FMCG environment)
- Knowledgeable in Retail/FMCG operations
- Knowledgeable in MS Office and Google Suite applications
- Must posses detail orientation skills
- Must have organizational and planning skills
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to register an account in the company’s recruitment portal unless they already have one. Click on the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 15 May, 2019.
Click the link below to access the job advert: