Sibanye-Stillwater, one of the largest gold producers in the country, is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its Miner Learnership Programme intake for 2022. More information about the company and its mining sector learnership opportunity, including the basic qualifications and role responsibilities are available below.
As one of the biggest independent gold producers operating in South Africa, Sibanye-Stillwater is composed of three mines, and these are KDC Mines, Beatrix gold mine, and Driefontein mine. This mining company’s headquarters is in North West, Gauteng. It also has mining operations in Zimbabwe, Free State and the US.
Sibanye-Stillwater Mining Learnership 2022
In addition to practical exposure, the successful candidate will acquire a Blasting Certificate Underground Hard Rock, an NQF Level 3 qualification upon completion of Learnership. This means the Learner with this qualification has developed the competencies essential to overseeing safe and efficient blasting and other relevant mining activities.
This year’s learnership programme is looking to fill six (6) vacancies.
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy these minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements to apply for this learnership:
- Completed Grade 12 or equivalent NQF qualification
- Holds a SAPS clearance certification
- Medically fit for the role and work environment; must pass a risk-based medical assessment
- Must be able to pass an interview process and psychometric tests (must score a 3 or higher)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Achieved highest grade point average in Pure Maths and English subjects in Grade 12
- Scored a 4 (or higher) in the psychometric evaluation
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by registering an account on the company’s online recruitment page. Click on the link below to kick start the process.
Be ready to upload the following:
- Comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of qualifications and South African ID
The deadline for submission of applications is on 27 June 2022.
For more information about this learnership get in touch with:
Gabisile Thabethe or Sizakele Mbeje
HR Contact person
Tel. no: 011 278 9833
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the Sibanye-Stillwater Miner Learnership 2022 advert page.
Please do not make any queries if this learnership has already been closed. View our other learnerships, graduate internships, and trainee programme listings that are currently accepting applications.