Siemens SA is inviting suitable applicants to apply for its Draughtsman Internship 2023 intake in Midrand. Make it a point to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and key duties and responsibilities of the role if you wish to apply.
Headquartered in Munich, Siemens is one of the largest industrial manufacturing companies in Europe. Siemens is a widely recognized manufacturer of medical diagnostics equipment. Its medical healthcare division is responsible for about 12% of this multinational company’s total sales.
Siemens currently employs about 385,000 people through its subsidiaries across the world. In 2019, it reported global revenue of about €87 billion.
Siemens Draughtsman Internship 2023
The successful candidate who will be part of Siemens Draughtsman Internship 2023 intake will join the Siemens Healthineers division within Siemens Healthcare Proprietary Ltd. The internship runs for a period of 12 months and involves the incumbent performing a number of duties and responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Performing space planning according to occupant count and existing interiors
- Executing designs using requirements, drawings, and recommendations
- Assessing space utilization efficiency and modify space requirements accordingly
- Recommending actions to meet new guidelines
- Assisting the technical architect regarding new product development and maintenance
- Providing assistance with information gathering for blueprints, complete facilities, cost estimates, reports, and specifications
- Supporting design production for existing buildings when no plans are available
- Putting together record designs upon completion of construction
- Preparing designs and creating rough drafts of projects for clients
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants will need to satisfy these minimum requirements:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Knowledgeable in the following:
- SketchUp 3D model
- CAD design strategies
- Processes in national and provincial facility and code criteria
- OSHA compliance
- Able to complete projects with Lead Architect under tight deadlines
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and judgement skills
- A South African citizen
- Preferably with own vehicle
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Siemens’ online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of the application has been set as of this writing.
For further enquiries, please visit the company’s FAQ page by clicking here.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you can view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently open for applications.