Siemens Energy SA is calling on suitable graduates to submit their applications and qualify for its SAICA Trainee Programme 2022 intake. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
About Siemens Energy
At its core, Siemens is a technology company offering specialized services to companies operating in the infrastructure, healthcare, industry, and transport sector with resource-efficient factories, smart buildings and grids, advanced healthcare, and comfortable and cleaner transportation.
At the end of the 2021 fiscal year, the Siemens Group posted revenue totaling €62.3 billion and with a global workforce numbering close to 303,000.
Established in April 2020, Siemens Energy AG is the result of the transfer of the company’s energy division to the newly-created independent company after the reorganization of the Siemens Group. Servicing the energy demand of more than 90 countries, or about 16% of the world’s electricity needs, Siemens Energy employs over 92,000 people.
Siemens Energy SA SAICA Trainee Programme 2022
Siemens Energy South Africa’s training programme runs for three (3) years towards a Chartered Accountant certification with SAICA and is based on Accounting and Controlling. The successful candidate will be rotating in various business units, divisions, or corporate functions within Siemens Energy in Midrand.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and consolidate balance sheets, P and L statements/reports compliant with applicable accounting standards e.g.GAAP, IFRS, and local standards
- Prepare reports for various divisions as well as support function management
- Study and provide assets and liabilities evaluation
- Work with clients and vendors in reconciling accounts
- Review published Company guidelines and update accordingly
- Issue and execute new accounting guidelines
- Look into projects and ad hoc queries from other divisions
- Provide support to counterparts in other African countries
- Make sure all SAICA learning requirements (professional and technical) are satisfied within set time allotments
Note that this is not a complete list of the duties and responsibilities of the role.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the following minimum eligibility and skills:
- Holds a BCom Accounting degree (CTA) or equivalent qualification
- A top performer and an analytical thinker
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria will need to register an account on Siemens Energy’s online recruitment profile to be able to apply. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For further enquiries, please visit the company’s FAQ page by clicking here.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Siemens Energy SA SAICA Trainee Programme 2022 advert page.