The State Information Technology Agency (SITA) of South Africa is the government’s IT arm mandated to provide the national government with timely and responsive information and communication technology services. In addition, it is SITA’s job to efficiently acquire IT products and services for government use. It is also the Agency’s responsibility to create and implement standards for interoperability and security in the government’s core ICT programmes.
Regardless of the challenges, SITA has become a major player in enhanced ICT performance. This is evident in the government’s existing systems and key services. SITA’s state-of-the-art Network Operation Centre (NOC) and the Next Generation Network (NGN) is used by the government as the country’s ICT backbone.
The Agency is emerging as a high-performance, customer-focused organisation with a renewed and timely mission – to effectively deliver ICT products and services to SMMEs while keeping in line with government’s policies for national development.
SITA Internships Programme
In line with the government’s vision to improve the quality of life of the unemployed South African youth through the creation of stable employment and skills development, SITA is implementing the Youth Development Programmes. This initiative is comprised of various learning opportunities such as internships, bursaries and learnersips.
The Agency’s internship offering is designed to provide relevant skills and on-the-job experience to tertiary students and unemployed degree holders who need to acquire experiential learning and/or in-service training as part of their academic requirement. The ultimate goal is to enhance their likelihood of landing a substantial and permanent employment.
Interns will be assigned in areas as determined by their field of study. They will also be fully-supervised by a workplace coach and mentor. Interns will also be entitled to a monthly stipend amounting to R5,500.
Listed below are the various vacancies in SITA that are in need of interns and their corresponding site locations:
- Eastern Cape – Application Developers, LAN and Desktop Support, Functional Support Technicians, WAN Technicians
- Mpumalanga/Nelspruit – WAN Technicians, Application Development
- Western Cape – Project Coordinators/Adminstrators, eLearning Developer, Functional Application Support
- Northern Cape – LAN/WAN Support
- Limpopo – Office Administrator, Software Developer, InfoSec Technicians, Business Analyst, Server Technicians, ICT Governance Security
- Gauteng – Network Designers/Implementation Business Analyst, Communication Servers Administrator, Developers, ARS Coordinator, WAN Technicians, Project Coordinator
- Kwazulu Natal – Business Analyst, Project Management, Customer Relationship Manager, Service Center Agents, LAN support Technicians,
- North West – InfoSec Technicians, Support Technicians
Requirements or Eligibility
Make sure to take a minute and review SITA’s requirements in order to be considered for the internship program.
- South African students in matriculation or Grade 12
- Individuals with a college or university degree in IT or Project Management, or relevant qualification
- Applicants must not have joined in any internship programmes in the past
- People with disabilities are more than welcome to apply
How to Apply
If you meet the basic requirements, don’t hesitate to send your updated CV to the email address listed below.
Kearabetswe Mokoka (012) 482 3285 email@example.com
Fortune Galane (012) 482 2275 firstname.lastname@example.org
Koos Kuhn (012) 482 2275 email@example.com
For further questions and enqueries about SITA’s Youth Development Program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 SITA Cares/ 0800 748 222
Or visit their website by clicking here.