SMEC Holdings Ltd., an Australian large-scale infrastructure consulting services firm, is launching its Engineering Graduate Programme for the 2022 fiscal and is inviting suitable candidates to submit an application as soon as possible to qualify. Take a moment to review the role description as well as the minimum eligibility standards if you’re thinking of applying.
Originally Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation, SMEC undertakes design, feasibility studies, tender and contract management, project management and construction supervision. It offers engineering services for hydropower and energy, transport, as well as water and environment and resources construction projects.
In 2016, SMEC was bought by Surbana Jurong, which brought its talent pool to about 16,000 professionals in 120 regional offices across 40 countries including Australasia, Asia, the UK, Africa, the Americas and Middle East.
SMEC Engineering Graduate Programme 2022
SMEC’s Engineering Graduate Programme is a good opportunity to be part of a widely respected infrastructure consultancy and be able to contribute to the developmental growth of a global business known for its solid client relationships and technical excellence.
The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Create technical reports that are of ideal and presentational value
- Take lead of a small team of draughtsperson/ technicians on projects
- Research details and recommend solutions
- Represent/present technical work during meetings and presentations
- Get well-acquainted with work procedures
- Accomplish tasks within time frames and cost
- Learn the local market and functional business technologies
- Conduct inspection of construction works for specifications and design compliance
- Manage meetings and agendas and gather minutes
Who should apply?
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized college or university
- No more than three (3) years work experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
How do I apply?
Make sure to have the following support documents ready when applying for the position:
- Copies of qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of South African ID
The deadline for submission of applications is on 28 March 2022.
For more information about this graduate programme, call Tebogo Makgato at 011 369 0600.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the SMEC Engineering Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.