SMEC Holdings Ltd., an Australian large-scale infrastructure consulting services firm, is launching its Engineering Graduate Programme for the 2020 fiscal year and is inviting suitable candidates to submit an application as soon as possible to qualify.
Originally Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation, SMEC undertakes design, feasibility studies, tender and contract management, project management and construction supervision. It offers engineering services for hydropower and energy, transport, as well as water and environment and resources construction projects.
In 2016, SMEC was bought by Surbana Jurong, which brought its talent pool to about 16,000 professionals in 120 regional offices across 40 countries including Australasia, Asia, the UK, Africa, the Americas and Middle East.
SMEC Engineering Graduate Programme 2020
SMEC’s Engineering Graduate Programme is a good opportunity to be part of a widely respected infrastructure consultancy and be able to contribute to the developmental growth of a global business known for its solid client relationships and technical excellence.
The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Make sound decisions independently
- Take lead of a small team of draughtsperson/stechinicians on projects
- Research details and recommend solutions
- Represent/present technical work during meetings and presentations
- Create high quality technical reports
- Get well-acquainted with work procedures
- Accomplish tasks within time frames and cost
- Learn the local market and functional business technologies
- Conduct inspection of construction works for specifications and design compliance
Who should apply?
- Holds a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- No more than three (3) years experience in design within a consulting environment
- Preferably with bridge and structural subjects
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
How do I apply?
Make sure to have the following support documents ready when applying for the position:
- Cover letter indicating interest and motivation in applying
- Certificate of matric
- Full university academic records
- Identity documents
Click here to register an account and start the application process,
The deadline for submission of applications is on 23 July 2020
For more details, check out SMEC’s FAQ page by clicking the link.
or view a PDF copy for the SMEC Engineering Graduate Programme 2020 advert.