SMEC Holdings Ltd., a large-scale, Australian infrastructure consulting services firm, is launching its Geotech Engineering Graduate Programme 2022 intake and is inviting suitable candidates to submit an application as soon as possible to qualify. Take a moment to review the role description as well as the minimum eligibility standards if you’re thinking of applying.
Originally Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation, SMEC undertakes design, feasibility studies, tender and contract management, project management and construction supervision. It offers engineering services for hydropower and energy, transport, as well as water and environment and resources construction projects.
In 2016, SMEC was bought by Surbana Jurong, which brought its talent pool to about 16,000 professionals in 120 regional offices across 40 countries including Australasia, Asia, the UK, Africa, the Americas and Middle East.
SMEC Geotech Engineering Graduate Programme 2022
Reporting directly to the Section Manager, the primary role of the successful candidate is to supervise geotechnical contractors and provide interpretive reporting of laboratory and field data. It is also the responsibility of the successful candidate to assist engineers with the technical areas of projects such as geotechnical investigation planning, slope stabilization, foundation and earthworks design.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide site supervision to geotechnical contractors
- Comply with and enforce HSE requirements of the client as stipulated in the contract
- Provide supervising staff member with daily progress reports
- Supervise geotechnical subcontractors (i.e. geophysical surveyors) as needed
- Perform geotechnical design calculations, studies, and reports
- Present own technical work at meetings or presentations as needed
- Create technical reports/drafts suitable for presentations
- Knowledgeable with cost and time implications on projects
- Gain solid understanding of local functional business markets and technologies
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants must meet these minimum eligibility criteria:
- Holds a Civil Engineering degree from a tertiary education institution
- A Master’s or Honours degree in Geotechnical Engineering is a definite advantage
- Preferably with 1 to 3 years of working experience as a graduate engineer
- An ECSA-registered candidate pursuing a professional accreditation
- Passionate about software and technology in accomplishing high-class projects
- Open to performance reviews and guidance from senior staff
- Able to make sound decisions on own resourcefulness
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out an online application form on SMEC’s online jobs portal to apply. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is 8 April 2022.
For enquiries, get in touch with SMEC directly by calling +632 631 6497
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the SMEC Geotech- Engineering Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.