Smith & Nephew, an international medical technology company, is calling on suitably qualified individuals to apply for its Product Specialist Graduate Internship intake for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to review the minimum qualification requirements role description to find out if it’s a good fit for you.
About Smith & Nephew
Headquartered in London, U.K., Smith & Nephew manufactures medical equipment for the global market. Sold in more than 120 countries, the company’s prominent products include Advance Wound Management products, Clinical Therapy products, Arthroscopy products and Orthopedic Reconstruction products.
Smith & Nephew dates back to 1856, to a small pharmacy opened by Thomas James Smith in Hull, England. Smith’s nephew, Horatio Nelson Smith, took over the company in 1856. The company then became a major supplier of field and surgical dressings during World War I.
Before the close of 1990, the company has grown into a diversified health care conglomerate operating internationally offering a range of medical devices, conventional and the newest wound care treatments and personal care products.
Smith & Nephew Product Specialist Graduate Internship 2022
The main purpose of the Product Specialist Intern is to leverage his/her technical skills in providing technical support to the Company’s customer base. Furthermore, the successful candidate is to carry out the following duties and responsibilities to achieve this purpose:
- Demonstrate expertise in the Company’s surgical imaging systems, capital equipment, and other related technologies on the camera tower/stack
- Exhibit competence in custom camera system configuration as required by the end-user’s surgical discipline (e.g. ENT, Arthroscopy, Laparoscopy, GYN, Urology)
- Ensure compliance with existing industry code standards by company representatives operating in the clinical setting; this also covers hospital guidelines for receiving/handling equipment
- Effectively manage important external and internal contacts
Moreover, the Product Specialist Intern is expected to:
- Complete SNN’s surgical video learning modules and of other relevant technologies
- Review and gain full understanding of IFU instructions for SNN equipment
- Understand basic wiring diagrams, and input/output associated to SNN equipment
- Learn and apply supported sterilization modes as needed
- Perform basic troubleshooting and in-service checks
- Ensure compliance with service, product complaint and recall SOPs
- Study MASSOM/CRICE clinical practice modules
- Provide support to regional clinical engineer and local sales representatives as needed
Who should apply?
You can qualify for the role if you at least have a National Diploma in Electronic Engineering or Clinical Engineering.
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants are required to create an account on the company’s recruitment page in order to apply. Click on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting
For further enquiries about this internship programme, send an email to email@example.com.
Click the link to view a PDF file of the Product Specialist Graduate Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.
Don’t miss out on the latest graduate programmes updates. Like us on Facebook and follow @GoCareersSA for more information OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.