Business advisory firm SNG Grant Thornton is calling suitable candidates to apply for its Tax Trainee Programme 2024 intake at the company’s Johannesburg offices. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key duties and responsibilities of the role if you wish to apply.
About SNG Grant Thornton
SNG Grant Thornton is a business consulting firm serving both private companies and public organizations in various sectors. This includes energy, technology, finance, real estate, tourism, among others.
The advisory services include everything from tax planning to internal audit to process digitization. The consultant team advises the owners/executives on managing or improving a certain area of their business.
SNG Grant Thornton is the South African member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd. The parent company is present in more than 130 countries with a workforce of 53,000 employees.
SNG Grant Thornton Tax Trainee Programme 2024
Successful candidates joining the SNG Grant Thornton Tax Trainee Programme 2024 intake will be part of the Tax Department, a division within SNG Grant Thornton Advisory. The Tax Department is a strategic team which provides corporate tax advisory, international tax advisory, compliance assistance, tax technologies, and transfer pricing
Key duties and responsibilities
- Review or prepare tax computations for financial reporting purposes (e.g. deferred tax)
- Audit tax balances (current and deferred tax) in annual financial statements
- Analyze and prepare tax returns provided by clients e.g. ITR14, IRP6, EMP 201s, VAT201s, etc., and supporting schedules to be submitted to SARS
- Conduct SARS registration including income tax, VAT, and PAYE
- Provide tax advice on corporate restructuring, cross border transactions, and capital gain tax
- File dispute with SARS such as Notice of Appeal, Notice of Objection, and Waiver of Penalties and Interest
- Determine tax residency classification
- Conduct inbound and outbound interrogation of IRP5 data
- Review company policy on payroll packages of foreign workers employed in South Africa
- Conduct adjustments on VAT control accounts
- Reconcile financials with VAT output
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a BCom Honours degree in Taxation
- A South African citizen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving acumen
- Exceptional communication skills
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates must complete an online application form on SNG Grant Thornton’s recruitment portal. Click/tap on the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, fill out SNG Grant Thornton’s contact form by clicking here.