The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is calling on interested parties to send their application for its Social and Digital Management Internship Programme for 2019.
Established in 1996 by the Road Accident Fund Act, the RAF replaced the Multilateral Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund. The RAF’s mandate is to provide appropriate coverage to all road users traveling within the borders of South Africa.
In addition, the Fund provides for the rehabilitation and compensation of people injured in road accidents. The RAF also covers foreigners in the event they are also injured in a road mishap. Coverage is of two types; personal insurance coverage for accident victims, and indemnity coverage for the offending party.
RAF Social and Digital Media Internship Programme
The Road Accident Fund is offering its Social and Digital Internship programme as its standing commitment to developing essential skills among unemployed South African youth. This internship programme runs for a period of 12 months with the successful interns receiving a monthly stipend for the duration. The Social and Digital Internship programme will hire four successful candidates.
Successful interns will gain exposure performing the following roles:
- Conduct Digital and Social media orientation
- Provide assistance curing campaigns
- Perform online community managements tasks
- Website management
The Social and Digital Media Internship Programme does not guarantee permanent employment beyond the 12-month internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal candidate must meet the programme’s minimum requirements in order to qualify:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing/Marketing Management, and Commerce
- Must not have served as an intern or employed in the same field of specialization
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Good eye for details
- Highly motivated
- Basic computer literacy
- Knows how to prioritize tasks
- Good eye for details
- Fast learner
How to Apply
Applications must include the following supporting documents:
- CV and letter of motivation
- Certified copy of Grade 12 or Matric results
- Certified copy of University academic records
Send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link below to view the job advert:
- Be sure to indicate the reference number 10052019SDMI and the province (Pretoria) of the internship on the subject line of your email
- Applicants can only apply to a maximum of 3 positions
Deadline for submission of applications is on 21 May 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only the first 300 applications received by RAF will be reviewed. Applicants who have not received feedback from RAF six weeks after the closing date can consider their application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to know more about the Road Accident Fund, click the link below to visit its homepage: