Change.org is calling on suitable candidates to apply for its Social Media and Design Internship 2023 intake. If this is a role that interests you, be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of this internship position before applying.
As a non-profit-owned social impact organization, Change.org is the most extensive tech platform heavily invested in global civic action with 50 million users each month as well as 50,000 campaign launches every month, and with an employee workforce of more than 200. Change.org has constantly pushed for deeper and bigger social movements that pursue various causes including stronger laws on hate crimes in South Africa, lower insulin costs in the United States, stopping corruption in Brazil, Indonesia, and Brazil, just to name a few.
Change.org Social Media and Design Internship 2023
Reporting directly to the Senior Campaign Manager, the Social Media and Design Intern will be joining a broader international campaigns team working at the forefront of citizen campaigns and technology.
As a Social Media and Design Intern at Change.org, the successful candidate is expected to acquire operational knowledge in the following areas:
- Providing support and escalating campaigns
- Development and execution of social media strategies
- Carrying out efficient communications with colleagues
- Collaborating with a campaigns team in creating social media strategies
- Data organization and analysis
- Developing a growth mindset
The Social Media and Design Internship 2023 is a remote role and runs for a period of six (6) months carrying a monthly stipend and with the possibility of an extension based on performance.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Must be a fresh graduate in Journalism, Digital Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Broadcasting or Media, or any relevant study
- Keen interest and good background in Social Media, Design as well as Digital Marketing
- Experienced in creating content and managing social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram
- Possess practical knowledge of popular social media networks and how to optimize their use to establish passionate communities in such platforms
- Have hands-on experience with design tools such as Canva, Photoshop, or similar applications
- Practical knowledge in video production and graphic design; must be able to come up with impactful content for Change.org SA’s online channels
- Knowledgeable with tools use in social media analytics such as Crowd Tangle or Google Analytics
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities while delivering quality and timely content
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, pragmatic, flexible, strategic, tenacious, and take responsibility of deliverables and results
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to fill out the online application form on Change.org’s website. Also, be sure to have the following application requirements ready before applying:
- CV and a one-page (max) cover letter
- A short video you created
- A graphic you designed
- The URL of a social media post you made that did very well
Click on the link below to access the advert page and scroll to the bottom for the online application form.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 06 February 2023.
Click on the link If you want to know more about Change.org.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Change.org Social Media and Design Internship 2023 advert page.